5 Reasons Why To Invest In SD-WAN?
In 2019, we must accept that traditional WAN network technology is not going to help businesses grow. Given how expensive, time consuming, and complicated it is to install, MPLS networks are rapidly being replaced by newer technology that is better and more capable of solving business needs.
Nowadays, a majority of the businesses are conducting their operations over numerous different locations and different devices. Employees require a flexible network to communicate with the clients and it is essential that they have easy access to the cloud-based technologies that are extremely crucial to their functioning. The increased reliance on technology has put immense pressure on the traditional WAN networks.
A series of cloud-based applications such as VoIP, video, tools for online collaboration and large file transfers are being processed through the company’s shared circuit and as a result, there is degradation of the quality. When we have overloaded connections, we have reduced speed and efficiency, poor quality of voice and video communications, call drops as well as interrupted application sessions. What modern business enterprises require is a safe and reliable network connection that they can rely on.
Therefore, the best way forward for business organizations is to adapt a secure and reliable advanced SDWAN infrastructure. Given the wide scope of this network technology, in the future, we can only have greater integration of this network infrastructure. However, for any business organizations, figuring out the exact time to invest in the SDWAN technology can be a hard task. There are certain signals that point to the need for an immediate adaption of the new technology. Below, we highlight 5 signs that point to the need for the adaption of the new and advanced SDWAN infrastructure.
- Giving priority to traffic: A safe and reliable SDWAN infrastructure can go a long way to ensure that critical applications have the consistent support and they perform at their best through the prioritization of traffic. This approach can help to avoid the wastage of the available resources on less critical activities, thus guaranteeing that the traffic from the most important applications takes the best possible route across the network. This guarantees that issues such as latency and poor performance become a thing of the past, especially as they relate to the sensitive critical applications such as VoIP and video conferencing.
- Better use of the available resources: With help from the advanced SDWAN infrastructure, businesses can make better use of the available resources without having to add any extra links for the bandwidth support. With SDWAN, organizations can use the network links more efficiently. For business enterprises that require additional bandwidth, but do not want to invest in additional MPLS links, SDWAN can help them to utilize the backup network links for increasing the available resources at the remote offices.
- Network responsiveness on a real-time basis: Given the introduction of the advanced SDWAN infrastructure which is more agile and flexible than the traditional WAN networks, we have the advantage of using smart systems that are able to adjust themselves according to the real time current conditions around. While in the past, the network administrators and engineers had to manually adjust the networks, with SDWAN, we have a smart network that is capable of adjusting itself according to the requirements. Certain essential metrics such as packet loss, jitters, latency and path availability are crucial in allowing the network to make smart decisions on its behalf. The network is able to respond adapt according to the current bandwidth levels and application activity even in the face of the common network issues.
- Enhanced quality of service: SDWAN has the power to be a game-changer when it comes to the quality of the service. It allows the network users to enhance the capacity and value through the prioritization of the traffic and responsive routing. The application and performance aware routing enables the customers to monitor the performance of the underlay and make real-time dynamic routing decisions as well. The dynamic detection as well as the convergence capability will improve the overall service quality by the avoiding the need for manual intervention and troubleshooting activities. This allows businesses to take their quality of service into their very hands and improve upon the service they are already receiving from their vendors.
- Begin small and make room for incremental expansions: one of the most important reasons for making the switch to an advanced SDWAN infrastructure is that business organizations have the chance to start small when it comes to network investments. Network administrators do not need to fret over a large scale, disruptive expansion of their network. Instead, SDWAN allows businesses to place appliances in strategic locations within the network and grow the size of their deployment, as and when needed.
These 5 reasons are crucial enough to encourage a majority of the business owners to shift from their traditional WAN infrastructure to an advanced SDWAN infrastructure that is flexible as well as reliable for their service quality. With time, we will only see that most of the business enterprises will have moved to the SDWAN network technology for furthering their business prospects in the future.